Sunday 4 November 2012

My favorite day of the week-SUNDAY!


















10000 reasons to love sundays...
1. Sabbeth Day (for some)
2. Sunday Roast
3. Church 

The list is too long i promise.
Really feel that life here is much more purposeful & fufilling i guess? Like my relationship with God has reached a new level & I'm so glad for that. Singapore holds too many distractions, and in such a busy town, there is barely even time for me to do my stuff, let alone spend quality time with Him. So yes, great opportunity. Life is so much more, I'm thankful to God for granting me this chance to draw close to Him. Amazing Journey.

Sunday; 
After service, we headed to this Fish & Chips Bar where we had our lunch & then i did my chinese grocery shopping with Tristan before heading to meet Louise for some exploring! She brought me to Sefton Park where i could see swans, geese and ducks. Lovely afternoon, so different from back home. It was nice weather, cool air (a little too cold though) and strolling down the lovely place was like walking in the movies, I could imagine a picnic mat with baskets of fruits where i cozied up to a good read accompanied with the falling of orange/red leaves. Hmm, sounds like a great idea. Or was that taken right out of a good movie?

Anyway, it was pretty nice & we went to get hot coffee, and a brownie for me after that.
Sefton Park is going to be the place where I'm watching fireworks with some of my mates tomorrow!
Its basically called "Bonfire Night" as mentioned earlier, and as I'm typing this now, I'm actually hearing some fireworks that people are sparking off. The English have lots of special occasions and festivals that are so exciting, I'm so stoked to be a part of. 

Going to be a busy week, besides uni night. Janice's birthday on Friday Night & hanging out with Leah on Saturday :)

Now some fun facts about Britain/ the English:

1. People use real christmas trees as christmas trees & decorate them
2. Some call lunch: dinner & dinner: tea
3. "You alright?" is used as a form of greeting, like our way of saying "Hello"

I love finding out about cultures & stuff, just makes things so interesting & life, meaningful :)
Paris, you're on my next target. Now, need to brush up on my French.

Au-Revoir~

No comments:

Post a Comment