Monday 12 November 2012

Food For Thought: The Giver & Taker




Skyped with my bbygirl for 5.5 hours. Now, that's a record breaker. 
I love how we are so able to connect & talk like we haven't seen each other for 10 years, just on Skype. I really hope that she's able to come over next year though, we'd be having the time of our lives, leaving our footprints on every part of the world.
Going to skype Faruq tomorrow & I'm looking forward to. Love these two people very much & our ability to talk for countless hours is just amazing xx
I've seemingly come to realise that when people talk to me about their feelings or share with me when they're upset/ feeling down, it makes me feel that they treat me as a real, true friend & makes me feel inevitably connected to them. It's brilliant how God places people into my life from time to time to remind me that I'm not forgotten but cherished & remembered. Thankful for such good friends. It's surprising how the people I once thought i was close to & the ones that I didn't expect to get close with swopped roles & how I have ended up not being so connected to them. I guess the distance not only tells stories but shows alot too, I'm glad. Because I know that when I'm back to Sg, even though people may change & revert to themselves, I'd choose to stick to those who stood by me, even when I was miles apart :) Or maybe I should realise that everyone has their own lives & not expect them to make the effort just because I am away. Ohwell, whatever it may be, at least time tells & I'm glad. 

Ray,Faruq,Stace,Sissy & Cherilynn<3

Haven't spoken to bff in ages though cause of army 
& things are not going too well with p,sigh. 

it seems like long distance relationships are not easy to maintain really.  

Then as Ray & I were talking, it kind of struck me that I was never a giver in relationships, I am always the one on the receiving end & was always happy to be doing so. I admire her courage in being able to love so freely & uninhibitedly. This is like the second time it struck me, the other once, in a convo with p. I have never met that person whom made me want to give my all, love like I have never did before & stake it all for that one person. And perhaps its true, it would not happen till I met that one person whom I would be able to want to give my all for & to. Everyone around me seems to be able to do so, why not me? I wonder to myself, or perhaps I really did love myself too much that I have never allowed that to happen? Much as I would like to be loved than to love, it has come to a point where by I really want to experience what is it like to fall, madly, deeply in love. Emerge, even if it has no ending, saying; I have had the greatest love before, I have loved. It doesn't matter if things are not going to work out, at least I would be able to walk away, loving like I have never done before. 
Turning into such a dreamer now.


No comments:

Post a Comment